Deb is a legal technologist and a startup lawyer and has been mentoring, advising, supporting, and investing in entrepreneurs for over 10 years. She is currently Chief Legal Officer and part of the founding team at Seedlegals, trustee at Newcastle Tech Trust and a member of the Techstars family (Boston 2016).
Deb has formed loyal partnerships and has melted into the fabric of the companies and organisations she works with. Her passion for them to succeed, make the right decisions and most importantly feel completely supported is at the core of her services. In addition to her legal and business advisory services, Deb is a passionate about supporting female founders and has supported accelerator/incubator programs across the world:
- Mentor at Cherie Blair Foundation for Women 2017 -
- EiR at IGNITE
- Durham University Startup Mentor 2017
- Techstars Boston, US/UK – Mentor 2015/2016, Associate 2016
- Mass Challenge Accelerator US/UK – Mentor and Judge October 2015/2016
- InTeahouse Incubator, Boston – Advisor to Board Sept – December 2015
- City Start Boston - Mentor Summer 2015
- WAYRA Telefonica Accelerator – Mentor Summer 2015
- IGNITE Accelerator Advisor to Board and Mentor – June 2014/2015/2016/2017
- Sunderland Software City Incubator – Mentor 2012
- Digital City Business Incubator – Mentor 2010/2011/2012/2013
She has been an invited speaker at numerous events including Google UK, Harvard University and the House of Lords.
Deb is a pacesetter and continuously pushes her own limits and the limits of those around her. She loves traveling to new places and exploring different food and cultures. A well known connector of people, Deb is always looking for ways to help others and does so with high energy and enthusiasm.
When not working, you’ll find Deb spending time with family and friends, hiking, biking, reading, and cooking up a plan to change the world forever.